Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Put A Tea Cozy On It

Do you read The Bloggess? My mommy board friends turned me onto her and her Giant Metal Chicken hijinks. She's awesome. Apparently she wrote a blog about circumcisions that I missed, but someone linked it to the board. I fell in love with her oh so true words:

Some people will say that they want their son’s penis circumcised (or uncircumcised) because otherwise "they’ll look weird" depending on whatever the parents are used to themselves. Newsflash: They all look weird. Because they're penises. And there's no amount of trimming, bedazzling, and tea-cozying that will change that.

Some people worry that their friends will judge their decision when they see them changing their kid’s diaper, and to that I'd say, "You probably shouldn't be friends with people who are checking out your baby’s penis.

Go ahead and admit it, who's thinking of a bedazzled penis now?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha thank you for that. I'd never heard of her, and now I wasted my whole day at work reading her blog. :)