Sunday, May 29, 2011

First Cake In Over A Year...

It's been a while since the great cake disaster of 2010, the incident that made me switch to cookies. That made me swear I hated all cakes. But then, two friends came calling, asking for MY help. And I decided to put my hatred of all things cake aside and to pick up my pastry bag and try again! I am woman, hear me DECORATE!

Apparently, someone forgot to tell my pastry bag that it's not polite to lose your load with a massive explosion half way through the first cake. It took all my willpower not to throw in the towel right then. Only the thought of two little girls without birthday cakes kept me going. Oh, and the fear of being a banned girl scout. ;)

So, I did what I could to fix and kept going. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be there to see the other moms face, but I hear she loved it. I hope so.


Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: