Monday, January 25, 2010

FML: Seriously. F. M. L.

I was so freaking excited about tonight. It was the final night of my cake class. I made a beautiful layer cake that I was going to decorate for my MIL's birthday tomorrow. I worked well into the night last night to get the base ready.

[image]

I was so proud of this effort. My first REAL cake.

I had everything packed up, I was all ready to go, the cake container was secure. I was wearing my magic pants to class tonight, because damn it, I was going to be comfortable. I bounded out of the house, happy and excited.


[image]

[image]

that last is the picture after DH took off the top layer, which was covered in grass and dirt, thinking he could salvage it. I bawled. And I still don't understand why my cake container, which has never had a single issue, suddenly broke on me tonight, on a night I was the happiest I have been in a while.

4 comments:

Brandie said...

Oh, I am so sorry! That sucks.

Anonymous said...

Oh, girl! That bleedin SUCKS! All that work on the lawn, I would have cried too.

It's Diva, can't log in for whatever reason.

Peaches said...

Thank you guys. I am starting to laugh about it now... And planning my next cake. With the best excuse to buy a new cake carrier!

Joy said...

Aw that really sucks! Maybe God was just listening to you though - in your last post you said you were going to 'destroy' it! lol

Glad you can laugh about it now - you did a great job on the cake, I'm sure the next one will be even better!