Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ew! Your baby still has a paci? Bad Mommy! Bad!

This is a reoccurring theme on the Babycenter Bargain Hunters board. Or even just Babycenter itself. Someone wanting to know if you are personally disgusted by seeing another persons child, over the age of 1 day, still have a paci in their mouth (ok, so, not 1 day. I was exaggerating. About 2 or 3). Thumbelina gave hers up at 3. After she turned 2, it was a naptime and bedtime only thing, but we loved our pacis. I always have to laugh at the people who think that it's "disgusting at any age". Really? Good for you. Weirdo.

But, total blast from the past comes to mind and I suddenly remembered those plastic pacifiers that teens and tweens wore everywhere in the early '90's. I loved mine! I think I had one in every color. I was in 5th grade, and so cool right? Matt just informed me that they started out as a staple at Raves. I have to roll my eyes, and then remember, that I was 11, he was 16. Worlds apart. Then of course, I call him a pervert for dating an 11 year old.

Do you remember them?
Photobucket

Do you have any "blast from the past" items that you just LOVED as a child, and now wonder what the hell adults thought of us for wearing it?

No comments: