Thursday, April 8, 2010

Home Improvement: Tim Style

Our bathroom was purple. Not just that, it was purple, with dark blue countertops and a beige and dark blue floor. Not the best color combo. Not much I could do, as the countertops and flooring came with the house. We just don't have the money to invest in changing them just yet.

The paint you ask? Well, somehow, when we asked them to paint over the dark blue walls (you get that? Yeah, all dark blue. According to the neighbors, the entire house used to be dark blue inside.), they decided to not do it, and my realtor did it instead. I was expecting white. The color we were shocked by however, was purple.

We had such headaches over the whole deal, that we just let it go, I mean, Thumbelinas favorite color is purple... Finally, I couldn't stand it anymore. I finally painted it.

There is still a lot of work to be done. We are changing the toilet, I need a new curtain and rod, as well as I am framing the mirror. But for now, at least the damn thing isn't purple!

BEFORE:

Photobucket

AFTER:

Photobucket
It's called "Dapper Tan" from Glidden. However, the name leaves me wanting to sing "Man of Constant Sorrow" from Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? (Come on, you remember! George Clooney had to have his Dapper Dan hair stuff!)

No comments: