Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Thanks Babycenter Moms. Thanks a lot!

In our house, it feels like we have spent the year of 2010 SICK. We get over one thing, only to be struck down with the next. Today, I was feeling better for the first time, but Matt has a really painful ear infection. So, the day has not been easy.

During all of this, I promised to take the girls to the park. And of course, failed in my wonderful mommy moment. This left me with a 4 year old in heart wrenching tears. Which made me feel even worse about myself. You see, Mommy forgot that the parks closed at 5. (Of course, next week, they start staying open until 8 again). And I apparently forgot about dinner.

Heart broken, and feeling like the worlds worst mommy, some how the words "Who wants McDonalds" popped out of my mouth. The kids turned and stared at me, confused that mommy actually mentioned the "M" word. They didn't say anything, and I thought they were about to turn my insane offer down, so I sweetened the deal. "The McDonalds with the play place guys!" Of course, this brought them out of their trance and they were the happiest kids on the block.

We hopped in the car and drove to Mickey D's and the girls had the time of their lives. Chicken nuggets and germ infested playtime.

After coming home and getting the girls in bed and taking time to myself to relax, I started making a list. A menu for the entire month of March and into April. Meals like Parmesan Crusted Tilapia, Lasagna, and Stuffed Pork Tenderloin. I even wrote out the grocery list for the month.

I have decided this craziness that I am doing at 1am is due to McDonalds guilt. And where else did I learn THAT, except at Babycenter.com.

No comments: