Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Southern... and Proud? Yes Ma'am.

I used to be embarrassed to be from the south. The place that said y'all and thought fried was it's own food group. As I've gotten older, I've realized that each and every place has their own stereotypes, and being honest, it has some basis in reality. What I've also realized, is that basis? It's not always the majority it's based on. All southerners are racists? You know, I can name quite a few stupid asses. But guess what? I can name just as many northerners that are just as ignorant. All southerners talk slow? Um, has anyone heard me speak? Ask anyone, I speak faster than any northerner I know. Just ask my friends. Of course, my father is a Damn Yankee.... He converted years ago.

There is a beauty to the South, and true deep beauty, and I am sick of hearing it trashed by ignorant asses. Hell, I get just as mad when I see some moronic redneck acting like the war isn't over, but it pisses me off just as much when a Northerner acts all superior about it. Really? Aren't we all part of the same country? Can't you all just get over yourselves and realize that there is beauty everywhere and that it's not just the south that allows cousins to marry?

I love the south, and I will always defend this place from anyone who is stupid enough to try and put it down. Get a life and move on with your jackassery. If you have such disdain for us, get the fuck out and we'll make sure the door doesn't hit you. I've come to realize that I don't need to be ashamed of the place I live. I'm not scared to say I am proud of the place I live. I love it here.

Y'all come back now, when you change your own bigoted attitudes. I'll make sure to have some tea and southern cooking for you.

No comments: