Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Why? *Death of Two Children :'(

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/08/17/1627989/mom-killed-children-before-sinking.html

Yesterday I came across an article about the drowning of two children. 18 months and 2 years. "Irish twins" they would have been called. These two little boys were strapped in their carseats and the car went into a lake as the mother ran down the road for help. According to the article yesterday, it was 45 minutes before she got help, and she was instantly considered the main suspect. Shades of Susan Smith were all over this case, especially since it was also in South Carolina.

Today, the mother has been charged with murder of her two baby sons. Apparently, she smothered them first, and then strapped them in, thinking this overplayed sicko story would work for her. This woman is only a year older than me. I can not imagine killing either one of my beautiful daughters, not even on their worst days. It makes me sick when a child is harmed. It makes me even more so when they are harmed by the hands of someone who is supposed to love them. Someone they trust.

No comments: