Sunday, October 31, 2010

"They Gave Me Candy!"

Oh, Thumbelina was so happy tonight. She was the most excited she's ever been on Halloween. I guess the past 2 years have been more of an "Oh, OK. I get to dress up. Awesome!" This year, at 5, it's "I get candy from strangers? And my parents allow it? Really? AWESOME!"

What was sad is that not many people actually participated. What happened to Halloween? I grew up in a neighborhood who made a party of it. The parents (at least one) would stay home and all the kids would hit the circle up. It was an awesome night. A wonderful time. Now, nothing. I just don't get it.

But, the girls had a blast, so did their dad. He was happy to be able to do this with them. And that is what matters. Seeing Thumbelina running down a hill screaming "Mommy! They gave me candy!" was enough to bring a smile to my face for the night.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: