Friday, July 30, 2010

I lapsed into rude

I am thinking this is what my stepfathers parents were thinking when they came over, uninvited this morning. I was still in my pajamas, having been doing laundry (I personally detest getting dressed just to clean), and the house was a mess from me going through the girls winter and summer clothes, to get rid of what would no longer fit. So you can imagine my annoyance at having to entertain two guests that I most certainly do not think much of. Especially two guests of whom I know will report back to my mother everything that they saw. There is no doubt in my mind that they were here at her insistence. While my stepfathers mother is abnormally rude, thinking that old age should allow her to be a hateful person, his father tends to try with manners.

So, they were able to see Alice, as Thumbelina is at her fathers for the weekend. Alice of course, sitting near me and I having to remind her to be polite. She tends to fiddle with me when she's uncomfortable, as she is now around them. I think they must have quickly realized that it was not a good time, as they didn't stay long, and I have to admit that I was glad to be rid of them as they make me horribly uncomfortable and I do not feel I should be so in my own home. I must also confess I was on the first disc of Colin Firth's Pride and Prejudice, which my explain my manner of "speech" in my typing. ;)

No comments: