Friday, July 23, 2010

My Mommy Sense Is Tingling

A bit late of course. I realized today that the teacher I wanted Alice to have this year is the one she's begging to not get. Not because she doesn't like the teacher, but because she despises the teachers aide. It's the same woman that was the aide in her 2nd grade class. That woman was nothing but a headache. One big bad frustrating headache. Apparently she pegged my daughter a problem child, but when I would talk to the regular teacher, she would have no idea what I was talking about. If it was just us, I might wonder if we were being over sensitive, but it was actually the majority of the class and their parents that had problems with this teacher. Now as much as I want my daughter to have Ms. Morgan, I feel like I have to email to ask that she NOT get her, just so she doesn't have the evil teachers aide.

Being a parent is hard. Frustrating. Always wondering if you are making the right choices. I just can't see forcing her to face a problem like this in 3rd grade. I think it's too early for that lesson, and could wind up making school a hated place.

No comments: