Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What makes a dad?

What makes a man a dad? Is it biological? Is it giving the sperm that fertilizes the egg, that turns into a baby?

Or is it what that man does? Apparently, on a site full of immature teenage boys, well, I have to assume that it's immature teenage boys, otherwise, there is the depressing thought that it actually is a bunch of trashtastic pilled out moms who are so miserable in their own lives, they have to bash people who are happier in theirs.... I digress, anyhow, on that site, apparently, if it wasn't his sperm, it's not his kid.

I have to respectfully disagree. As would Chloe. Her father is Matt. Ask her who tucks her in? Who washes her clothes? Who drives her to practice/school/what ever else? Who is teaching her to ride her bike? Who reads to her? Who hugs her? Who loves her? That answer is her father, Matt.

No, Matt's sperm didn't create my beautiful child, but he has loved her more than the man whose sperm did. This is the man, who would lay his life down for his daughters, even if you don't think that they are "his". And we are lucky to have him in our lives.

I almost let you trashy women get to me. Then I stopped caring. I know that we are happy, and you are not. I hope you get the help you so desperately need.

No comments: