Saturday, December 5, 2009

Call me Betty Crocker

I was making a homemade apple pie tonight, for the first time. Normally, I use Comstock filling and go with that.

Never Again.

After looking at many different directions, I couldn't figure what was best, and decided to wing and it try doing it myself. Apparently DH has decided it's like sex in his mouth. (He's not the most descriptive person.)

· 2 LARGE Granny Smiths

· 2 LARGE Jonathan Reds

· Peel/Core/Slice the apples and put them in a microwave safe bowl with lid.

· 1/2 cup of sugar

· 1/2 cup of water

· 1/4 and 2Tbsp of light corn syrup

· 2 Tbsp of corn starch

· 2 Tbsp of lemon juice

· 1/8 tsp of ginger

· 1/4 tsp (overflowing) of Cinnamon

Mix all ingredients in the bowl with the apples. Cover, place in microwave for 6 minutes, stopping to stir every two minutes until apples are soft and the filling is thick.

No comments: